microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.caching

test ASP.NET 2.0 caching in VS05 debug mode

John A Grandy

5/4/2006 8:37:00 PM

Testing ASP.NET 2.0 caching in the VS05 debugger.

When a user clicks an RSS icon, I'm constructing an rss feed xml based on
the contents of the page, caching the rss xml string under a key built from
on the query-string for the original page, and then sending the rss xml to
the browser.

In VS05 debug mode, I am testing this implementation.

I go to the page, click the rss icon, watch the stepped-through code place
the rss xml in the cache, make note of the key, see the rss xml page
diplayed, hit the IE6 Back button, click the rss icon again, but when my
code attemps to retrieve this rss xml from the cache (using he same cache
key used to load it into the cache) the cache returns null.

Could this be related to a peculiarity of VS05 debug mode ?