need help in desg. mobile web application

pacificleo

1/25/2006 6:18:00 AM

Hi

i hope that i am sending this query to right group . i am a software
professional from india . working in mobile application development
domain.this problem is related to the field of Mobile Application
Programming . here is a small description of application design goal
and the problem i am facing ::

i am working on a project to develop a web based mobile application
which is platform/vendor neutral / os neutral . as my exposure in
mobile application domain is fairly limited so i am finding it
difficult to start with it.

i want to develop an application which simply access the data which is
residing on on board storage of my cell phone (songs,ring tone ,images
etc ) and redirect it to a server as a email or anything .

only boundary condition here is that we can't install anything on
cellphone itself bcoz that will limit the scop of deployment of the
application . i find most of the cell phone are working on proprietary
frame works and even API support for data read write through WAP/
XHTML /Browser based application is very limited .

so i deduce if some vendor neutral API let wap browser (or any browser
for that matter ) access on board memory then this can be done .Now
next alternative is some kind of DMA type of operation which will be a
bit brute force approach . . i will appreciate it very much if you can
guide me something or point me to some resources about it ?

thanks
prashant singh
www.knowprashant.blogspot.com