yhhuang

7/18/2003 3:27:00 AM

Hello Brian,

Please refer to this KB article:
"HOW TO: Configure an XML Web Service Client by Using the .NET Framework to Work with a Proxy Server"
http://support.microsoft.com/...

Hope it helps.

Best regards,
Yanhong Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

--------------------
!From: "Brian" <bmcullenward@midamerican.com>
!Sender: "Brian" <bmcullenward@midamerican.com>
!Subject: Proxy Settings
!Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 13:10:52 -0700
!Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservices
!
!I'm just beginning to use web services and have a
!question. I'm trying to access a external internet web
!service to return the tempature for a zip code. When I
!try to add a web reference to my project it tells me the
!proxy settings are not setup correctly for web discovery.
!Our network has the lan settings disabled in IE. Is there
!some other way I can use web services? When I try using
!the WSDL utility it gives me a 403 error. Any ideas?
!
!Thanks,
!Brian
!