microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.drawing

New Problem with Always on Top

Charles A. Lackman

11/3/2004 8:05:00 PM

Thank you for you help with the Always on Top issue previously posted. It
worked great. But, I have noticed that when I call a different form using
"ShowDialog" that the clipboard is still on top but I cannot access it. Is
there a way to make MyClipboard not effected by the other forms that are
displayed using "ShowDialog".

I am looking to copy information from Frm2.ShowDialog into MyClipboard and
paste it into Frm3.ShowDialog from MyClipboard...

Thanks.
Chuck

2 Answers

policywatcher

MyClipboard can't be protected from its own children if they are modal, as in
ShowDialog, or other modal forms on the same thread.

Best bet is probably to have the clipboard form running on a separate thread.

"Charles A. Lackman" wrote:

> Thank you for you help with the Always on Top issue previously posted. It
> worked great. But, I have noticed that when I call a different form using
> "ShowDialog" that the clipboard is still on top but I cannot access it. Is
> there a way to make MyClipboard not effected by the other forms that are
> displayed using "ShowDialog".
>
> I am looking to copy information from Frm2.ShowDialog into MyClipboard and
> paste it into Frm3.ShowDialog from MyClipboard...
>
> Thanks.
> Chuck

Jay

In two ways you can solve it

1. Use Form.Show and Form.Parent Properties instead of Showdialog
2. Set your MyCliboard's parent is ShowDialog form

Hope it usefull

Regards

Jay