microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.caching

Refreshing cache on other server

JL

I am working on an application that resides on 3 web servers. The user
controls (e.g. drop-downs) on those servers are cached.

I have to build an admin page where I can see all cached items, and select
the ones to refresh.

Is it possible that when I am on the admin page on server A, I can refresh
the cached items on servers B and C?

Thank you very much,
JL
2 Answers

Egil Hogholt

Yes & No.

Yes: You can theoretically call a web service (or aspx file) on each of the
machines in a loop. The page can return information about data in the
ASP.NET cache or clear them.

No: It only works if you have a single worker process on each machine,

It is a lot simpler if you cache the data of the control in external element
like a DB, service or a com+ application.

Cheers,
Egil
http://www,egilh.com/

"JL" <JL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am working on an application that resides on 3 web servers. The user
> controls (e.g. drop-downs) on those servers are cached.
>
> I have to build an admin page where I can see all cached items, and select
> the ones to refresh.
>
> Is it possible that when I am on the admin page on server A, I can refresh
> the cached items on servers B and C?
>
> Thank you very much,
> JL

JL

Egil,

Thanks for reply. That seems complicated for a novice like me...I guess
I'll log onto each of the 3 servers and refresh the cache.

Thanks for the info though.