WML Input and .NET TextBox not displaying Text Property

erikpaulmiller

11/10/2005 6:22:00 PM

I have a MobileForm in which I set the text property equal to something
in the designer. When I view the page via a browsers that requires WML
the value is not displayed. Here is the wml that is sent to the
browser. The value attribute of the input field is not getting
set/displayed. When the form posts back the value is set yet not
visible. I created a static WML page to test the functionality of
defaulting a textbox, which was successful when setting the input's
value attribute to some value.

Here is the wml that is sent to the browser...

<?xml version='1.0'?>
<!DOCTYPE wml PUBLIC '-//WAPFORUM//DTD WML 1.1//EN'
'http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/wml_1.1.xm...
<wml>
<head>
</head>
<card title="TEST">
<onevent type="onenterforward">
<refresh>
<setvar name="txtNewNumber" value="123123123" />
</refresh>
</onevent>
<input name="txtNewNumber" format="*N" />
<anchor title="Go">Submit
<go href="Test.aspx" method="post">
<postfield name="__EVENTTARGET" value="btnSubmit" />
<postfield name="txtNewNumber" value="$(txtNewNumber)" />
</go>
</anchor>
</card>
</wml>

3 Answers

Father Haskell

On Jul 24, 11:15 pm, Light the China Blue Touch Paper
<chine.b...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> In article <dc5a33e0-e36f-480d-b078-c688fc44a...@a11g2000yqm.googlegroups..com>,
>  Father Haskell <fatherhask...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > On Jul 24, 8:03 pm, Dänk 42Ö <dänk@nûggèt.ørg> wrote:
> > > Oops, my bad.  Actually it was Abu Hamza al-Masri, a radical Islamist
> > > cleric in London, who said it:
>
> > >http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2003/feb/03/spaceexplorat.......
>
> > > "The fact that the motor of the craft fell on Palestine [a town in
> > > Texas] ­ all these are messages from God. It is a strong message, for the
> > > Israeli, to be taken
> > > up there to space and he spoke about the Holocaust, to try to make
> > > religious advancement from it
> > > and gain some moral high ground, hence you have seen this message over
> > > Palestine."
> > > -- Abu Hamza, Feb. 3, 2003
>
> > Did any pieces hit any jewish houses?
>
> > I didn't think so.
>
> The more pressing question is why do so many Texan towns name themselves after
> places outside of Texas? Do they really think tourists will come to Paris, Texas
> to look for the Eiffel Tower?
>
> --
> I remember finding out about you,  |                 Go out with a bang.
> Everyday my mind is all around you,|      I'm whoever you want me to be.
> Looking out from my lonely room    | Annoying Usenet one post at a time.
> Day after day.                     |   At least I can stay in character.

Nothing good ever came out of Texas except
the Butthole Surfers and the Austin Lounge Lizards.

John Baker

On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 05:51:15 +0000 (UTC), "6139 Dead, 1282 since
1/20/09" <dead@gone.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 21:01:15 -0700, Father Haskell wrote:
>
>> On Jul 24, 11:15?pm, Light the China Blue Touch Paper
>> <chine.b...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> In article
>>> <dc5a33e0-e36f-480d-b078-c688fc44a...@a11g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,

>spaceexploration.columb...

>>> The more pressing question is why do so many Texan towns name
>>> themselves after places outside of Texas? Do they really think tourists
>>> will come to Paris, Texas to look for the Eiffel Tower?
>>>
>>> --
>>> I remember finding out about you, ?| ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Go out with a
>>> bang. Everyday my mind is all around you,| ? ? ?I'm whoever you want me
>>> to be. Looking out from my lonely room ? ?| Annoying Usenet one post at
>>> a time. Day after day. ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? | ? At least I can stay in
>>> character.
>>
>> Nothing good ever came out of Texas except the Butthole Surfers and the
>> Austin Lounge Lizards.
>
>Molly Ivins, Jim Hightower, the Krayolas...

Eric Johnson, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Bloodrock....

Doc Smartass

John Baker <nunya@bizniz.net> wrote in

> On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 05:51:15 +0000 (UTC), "6139 Dead, 1282 since
> 1/20/09" <dead@gone.com> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 21:01:15 -0700, Father Haskell wrote:

>>spaceexploration.columb...

>>> Nothing good ever came out of Texas except the Butthole Surfers and
>>> the Austin Lounge Lizards.
>>
>>Molly Ivins, Jim Hightower, the Krayolas...
>
> Eric Johnson, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Bloodrock....

I-10, I-20, I-27, I-30...

--
Doc Smartass, BAAWA Knight of Aimin' to Misbehave aa # 1939

Kooks! http://kookclearinghouse.blo...

Books! http://jw-bookblog.blo...

"Rupert Murdoch" is Australian for F*cked.