Video over hand held devices in CE IE browser web page

Chris Davoli

10/21/2005 3:59:00 PM

For viewing mpeg video files I'm using ASP.Net web pages and this works fine
for a desktop IE browser. BUT, what I want to do is do the same thing using a
hand held device in the CE browser. I've tried using the OBJECT tag below,
but nothing shows up on the hand held device. Is there an equivalent OCX for
the Hand Held devices?

<OBJECT ID="Player"
CLASSID="CLSID:6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6"
VIEWASTEXT>
<PARAM name="autoStart" value="True">
<PARAM name="URL" value="SomeMediaFile.mpg">
<PARAM name="rate" value="1">
<PARAM name="balance" value="0">
<PARAM name="enabled" value="true">
<PARAM name="enabledContextMenu" value="true">
<PARAM name="fullScreen" value="false">
<PARAM name="playCount" value="1">
<PARAM name="volume" value="100">
</OBJECT>

--
Chris Davoli

1 Answer

don Gabacho

There had always been beginners English in the USA for just such purpose.

No longer!

Clue: When I first arrived in Mexico there were over 80 indigenous languages. By the time I finally got home, nearly twenty-years later, there was less than half that number. How's that for "diversity"?

Similarly, when I had left the states for Mexico, there were two Mexican Consulates in the USA. There are now fifty-five. Add their "mobile-consulates" and their allied Latino Consulates and, easily, there is double that number.