How to get client IP in webservice?

Peter J. Hunter

7/16/2003 5:05:00 AM

I'm sure this is simple, I just can't figure it out.

I am calling a webservice (written in .net vb) from a Visual Foxpro 7.0
client. I need to have the webservice obtain the ip address of the calling
client in order to setup a socket connection back to the same client.

How can I do this (get the ip address, that is)?
Thanks.

1 Answer

Emil Kvarnhammar

Hi Peter!

Try Context.Request.ServerVariables["REMOTE_ADDR"].

It returns a string representation of the client ip address.

/Emil