a_curious_one

10/19/2005 9:28:00 AM

Hi there!

I'm new in .NET development. I'm just curious about something.

I want to create an application, so i can send a SMS to a cell phone. A form
with two textboxes and a button (textboxes for the phone number and Message
and a "SEND" button)

Is it possible for any cell phone ?

Is it possible without a contract with a company ?

Do i have to do anything special, or i just can write some code and launch
the application (ofcourse, an internet connection is available :D) ?

What should i do ?

I ask you this because i don't know any sites where i can send as many SMS
as i want. I want to do this.

Thankyou very much!
2 Answers

Sampathd

First of all, to send a SMS you need to have an account with a SMS gateway
(that is if you are not sending the SMS through your mobile phone). So you
do need access to a SMS gateway.

Or you can use a GSM Modem attached to your computer and send an SMS using
the AT commands supported in the modem.

"a_curious_one" <a_curious_one@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there!
>
> I'm new in .NET development. I'm just curious about something.
>
> I want to create an application, so i can send a SMS to a cell phone. A
form
> with two textboxes and a button (textboxes for the phone number and
Message
> and a "SEND" button)
>
> Is it possible for any cell phone ?
>
> Is it possible without a contract with a company ?
>
> Do i have to do anything special, or i just can write some code and launch
> the application (ofcourse, an internet connection is available :D) ?
>
> What should i do ?
>
> I ask you this because i don't know any sites where i can send as many SMS
> as i want. I want to do this.
>
> Thankyou very much!

Sampathd

sir please send the code of your programme to my email id
dayanand.com@sify.com thank you