microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.drawing

NativeWindow Popup Tooltip problem

Jim

10/28/2004 5:47:00 PM

I've been trying to get a Tooltip like class work and
for some reason the CreateParams Style property isn't
working. If I use WM_POPUPWINDOW (0x80C80000) the
newly created window does not show itself anywhere
on the screen. And what's worse is that I get a window
marker (or what ever you call it) on the main toolbar. Arggg.

All I want to do is to create a tooltip that I can activate
when I detect that I'm on top of one of my graphics objects.
I'd like to use the standard ToolTip object but the problem
with that is that the ToolTip object thinks my graphics objects always live
in the upper left hand corner of the screen. I also tried to use a GDI
graphics object but the limitation of always being inside the top level Form
is too restrictive and I also have to worry about right hand side clipping
when I'm too close to the right side of the Forms display area.

Using the NativeWindow class as a base class should have been the way to go,
but I can't seem to get the simplest of windows created using it.

Can anyone help with this.

--
-jc