sunshinevaldes

3/15/2006 1:31:00 PM

Hello all and thank you for your time.

I have a ASP.NET application written by consultants. Recently, our
server has been blowing up because of space issues. Upon further
investigation, it turns out all the .net application pages are caching
under each users temporary internet pages on the server, which causes
it to
run out of space. What would be causing this and how do I fix it? I
looked a couple of pages (I don't have the full solution yet b/c they
are still fixing bugs) and didn't find any commands forcing the pages
to cache (I think they are something like @ ....cache. Any help would
be appreciative.

The consultants are not helping.

Visual Studio 2003
Framework 1.1
Windows Server 2003
SQL Server

Thanks,
Sunshine

3 Answers

Benjamin Strackany

Make sure debug=false in the web.config & machine.config. That can cause a
lot of temporary files to be created in ASP.NET.

Benjamin Strackany
www.developmentnow.com

<sunshinevaldes@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello all and thank you for your time.
>
> I have a ASP.NET application written by consultants. Recently, our
> server has been blowing up because of space issues. Upon further
> investigation, it turns out all the .net application pages are caching
> under each users temporary internet pages on the server, which causes
> it to
> run out of space. What would be causing this and how do I fix it? I
> looked a couple of pages (I don't have the full solution yet b/c they
> are still fixing bugs) and didn't find any commands forcing the pages
> to cache (I think they are something like @ ....cache. Any help would
> be appreciative.
>
> The consultants are not helping.
>
> Visual Studio 2003
> Framework 1.1
> Windows Server 2003
> SQL Server
>

> Thanks,
> Sunshine

Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]

> The consultants are not helping.
Why would they? They need to secure another contract first before they help.

Curiously, temporary files should not cause OOM exceptions because these
pages are stored on disk and loaded as needed with the regularly cache
scavenging algorithm playing a role. Why leads you to believe that this is
the case?

--
Warm Regards,
Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]

[Shameless Author plug]
Now Available @ www.lulu.com/owc
Professional VSTO 2005 - Wrox/Wiley 2006
Blog: http://msmvps.com/bl...

"Benjamin Strackany" <retsambew@wontnempoleved.moc> wrote in message
> Make sure debug=false in the web.config & machine.config. That can cause a
> lot of temporary files to be created in ASP.NET.
>
> Benjamin Strackany
> www.developmentnow.com
>

> <sunshinevaldes@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hello all and thank you for your time.
> >
> > I have a ASP.NET application written by consultants. Recently, our
> > server has been blowing up because of space issues. Upon further
> > investigation, it turns out all the .net application pages are caching
> > under each users temporary internet pages on the server, which causes
> > it to
> > run out of space. What would be causing this and how do I fix it? I
> > looked a couple of pages (I don't have the full solution yet b/c they
> > are still fixing bugs) and didn't find any commands forcing the pages
> > to cache (I think they are something like @ ....cache. Any help would
> > be appreciative.
> >
> > The consultants are not helping.
> >
> > Visual Studio 2003
> > Framework 1.1
> > Windows Server 2003
> > SQL Server
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Sunshine

sunshinevaldes

When we look under each users profile, all the temporary internet files
are growing. When we delete them, the server is fine until it fills up
again. It's just running out of space becuase of all the caching.

Sunshine