Mike Robbins

3/10/2006 5:15:00 PM

I'm designing a new app in 2.0. In 1.1 I used user controls for headers
and footers for each page. They had static information on them and so I
cached them.

In 2.0, I'm considering using a MasterPage instead of the user controls.
What I can't seem to find is whether or not I can cache the MasterPage
withouth caching the child pages.

Thanks,

Mike

1 Answer

Joerg Jooss

Thus wrote Mike,

> I'm designing a new app in 2.0. In 1.1 I used user controls for
> headers and footers for each page. They had static information on them
> and so I cached them.
>
> In 2.0, I'm considering using a MasterPage instead of the user
> controls. What I can't seem to find is whether or not I can cache the
> MasterPage withouth caching the child pages.

The master page isn't a single entity. It's being merged with the content
page at compile time and becomes a complete page. Thus, there's no concept
of caching a master page like caching a user control.

Cheers,
--
Joerg Jooss
news-reply@joergjooss.de