MSRS

8/22/2005 10:36:00 PM

Hi guys

Can you please help me to deploy the SQL CE in the device during installing
the application.

I am using Wise 6.1 Enterprise version to create setup.MSI.

Any ideas, thoughts will be really helpfull

by
Raj

2 Answers

Manikandan [MSFT]

Here we have 2 options here.

Option 1: You can package the CAB along with your setup and run the CAB
installation on device during your application setup

Option 2: You extract the CABs and get the Dlls. Package these Dll's along
with your setup. In this case you need to do some more addition work like
registering of Dll's which CAB installation did in option 1. You need to
make sure that you register Ssce20.dll and Ssceca20.dll.

"MSRS" <Mahashares@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi guys
>
> Can you please help me to deploy the SQL CE in the device during
installing
> the application.
>
> I am using Wise 6.1 Enterprise version to create setup.MSI.
>
> Any ideas, thoughts will be really helpfull
>
> by
> Raj

Geoff Callaghan

Can you give me some more detail on this? I'm having the same problem. I
copied the DLL's over and ran the utility I have that stores away the
registry, and
still the program requires me to run the CAB file every time I
reboot...which really isn't an option for me. My program needs to load
automatically, and as quickly as possible. Is there some way I can register
the DLL's in the beginning of my VB program?