Gareth Sharp

8/9/2005 10:28:00 AM

Hi there

We are starting out developing a small application to run on a PDA. We're
running VS.NET 2003 Enterprise Developer, and using VB.NET (compact
framework) to develop.

The program is being successfully deployed onto the PDA, and all is well.

The next stage of the development is to add data access.

We are quite keen to get something running quickly, with out any further
investment, and are keen to go down the .txt or .csv file type path.

Can anyone give us any pointers towards some sample code to manipulate text
files in VB.NET to work on a PDA?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Gareth

2 Answers

Daniel Moth

Look at the System.IO namespace for manipulating files and there are plenty
of samples on the net.

For csv, look here:
http://www.opennetcf.o...

Also searching the archives helps:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework/search?hl=en&group=microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework&q=csv&qt_g=1&searchnow=Search+...

Cheers
Daniel
--
http://www.danielmoth...

"Gareth Sharp" <gs@paxsoft.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi there
>
> We are starting out developing a small application to run on a PDA. We're
> running VS.NET 2003 Enterprise Developer, and using VB.NET (compact
> framework) to develop.
>
> The program is being successfully deployed onto the PDA, and all is well.
>
> The next stage of the development is to add data access.
>
> We are quite keen to get something running quickly, with out any further
> investment, and are keen to go down the .txt or .csv file type path.
>
> Can anyone give us any pointers towards some sample code to manipulate
> text
> files in VB.NET to work on a PDA?
>
> Any advice is greatly appreciated!
>
> Gareth

<ctacke/>

The SDF has a TextAdapter that will do exactly what you want.

http://www.opennetcf.org/library/OpenNETCF.Data.Text.TextDataAd...
www.opennetcf.org/sdf

-Chris