microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.caching

ASP.NET Caching - Inconsistency with CacheItemRemovedCallback delegate and dependencies between Windows XP and Windows 2003

Shawn

2/6/2006 6:34:00 PM

Hello,

I have been using the CacheItemRemovedCallback to trap each time an
object is released from the cache. I have also set up
dependencies(directory and cachekeys). With the identical code base
deployed to my local Windows XP box and a Windows 2003 server, I notice
two different behaviors.
1. On the Windows XP box, when an item is removed and has dependencies,
the original item and each of the dependant items will cause the
delegate to fire. All of the relevant items are removed from the cache
based on the dependencies.

2. On the Windows 2003 server, when the same item is removed and has
the same dependencies, only the original item being removed fires the
delegate. All of the relevant items are removed from the cache based on
the dependencies.

Can anyone explain why this might behave differently on the two
systems?

Thanks in advance,
Shawn

5 Answers

Manso

There's something fishy with the cache, please see if this can help you...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups/managed/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.caching&mid=10dc1581-5283-4693-b5e1-9b271927233e&...

"Shawn" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been using the CacheItemRemovedCallback to trap each time an
> object is released from the cache. I have also set up
> dependencies(directory and cachekeys). With the identical code base
> deployed to my local Windows XP box and a Windows 2003 server, I notice
> two different behaviors.
> 1. On the Windows XP box, when an item is removed and has dependencies,
> the original item and each of the dependant items will cause the
> delegate to fire. All of the relevant items are removed from the cache
> based on the dependencies.
>
> 2. On the Windows 2003 server, when the same item is removed and has
> the same dependencies, only the original item being removed fires the
> delegate. All of the relevant items are removed from the cache based on
> the dependencies.
>
> Can anyone explain why this might behave differently on the two
> systems?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Shawn

Kenneth Wiseman

On 24 Jul 2011, Dawlish <pjgno1@hotmail.com> posted some news:94b3be5f-
208d-4743-86a8-3bd36f027427@df3g2000vbb.googlegroups.com:

> On Jul 24, 3:07?pm, N??-M??bama???s in 2012 ! <Fucken N?bama @ white
> House.gov> wrote:
>> http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0711/...
>
> racist nutter

You empowered racists Obama and Holder by voting them and the other
leftard racists into public office. Aren't you proud of yourself?

China Blue Veins

In article <Xns9F2CD8BA5B845T8ZDIM10Q@202.177.16.121>,
Kenneth Wiseman <noway@hotmail.com> wrote:

> On 24 Jul 2011, Dawlish <pjgno1@hotmail.com> posted some news:94b3be5f-
> 208d-4743-86a8-3bd36f027427@df3g2000vbb.googlegroups.com:
>
> > On Jul 24, 3:07?pm, N??-M??bama???s in 2012 ! <Fucken N?bama @ white
> > House.gov> wrote:
> >> http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0711/...
> >
> > racist nutter
>
> You empowered racists Obama and Holder by voting them and the other
> leftard racists into public office. Aren't you proud of yourself?

Yes.

--
I remember finding out about you, | Go out with a bang.
Everyday my mind is all around you,| I'm whoever you want me to be.

pilotis

On 07/24/2011 10:21 PM, Light the China Blue Touch Paper wrote:
> In article<Xns9F2CD8BA5B845T8ZDIM10Q@202.177.16.121>,
> Kenneth Wiseman<noway@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 24 Jul 2011, Dawlish<pjgno1@hotmail.com> posted some news:94b3be5f-
>> 208d-4743-86a8-3bd36f027427@df3g2000vbb.googlegroups.com:

>>> racist nutter
>>
>> You empowered racists Obama and Holder by voting them and the other
>> leftard racists into public office. Aren't you proud of yourself?
>
> Yes.

How very sad.

Dawlish

On Jul 24, 4:46 pm, Dawlish <pjg...@hotmail.com> wrote: