Nikolay S

7/8/2003 6:58:00 PM

Hi All,

PocketPC 2002
VC#

I'm executing an webservice method from remote server on the PocketPC
Device, but the execution is slow (I'm mean really slow) and it is true for
all my wegbservices.
It doesn't metter if I give the IP Address or The Server Name

Any Ideas?

Thx

2 Answers

Ben

1. Poor hardware
2. Something else running on the server that shouldn't
3. The code in the method takes a long time
4. You are returning a lot of data
5. You're bandwidth from the client is very small
6. The processor on you PocketPC is in powersave mode or just slow at
rending the display.
7. You are running debug code and/or a combination of the above

Perhaps try narrow down the problem. Find out if the web service call is
slow in the test environment. Is it any different if called from a browser
on the same machine.

Ben W

"Nikolay S" <nikolayds@msn.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> PocketPC 2002
> VC#
>
> I'm executing an webservice method from remote server on the PocketPC
> Device, but the execution is slow (I'm mean really slow) and it is true
for
> all my wegbservices.
> It doesn't metter if I give the IP Address or The Server Name
>
> Any Ideas?
>
> Thx

Nikolay S

Thx