microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.caching

SqlCacheDependency and SqlDependency.Start

Chad Lashley

1/27/2006 1:58:00 PM

I am using the command notification in my ASP.NET 2.0 web app. I am
connecting to a Sql 2005 server. I was able to get my Cache object to
invalidate based on the SqlCacheDependency object associated with it. The
problem is I had to give the database use sysadmin rights in order to
successfully execute SqlDependency.Start(connectionstring).

What are the required database permissions for SqlDependency.Start to
execute successfully? A link to help on this would be fine, but I cannot
find anything.

Thanks,
Chad
2 Answers

Chad Lashley

I have found the following article dealing with this:
http://blogs.msdn.com/dataaccess/archive/2005/09/27/4...

I executed the suggested TSQL but I am still getting an error:
"System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The specified schema name "dbo" either
does not exist or you do not have permission to use it."

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Chad

"Chad Lashley" wrote:

> I am using the command notification in my ASP.NET 2.0 web app. I am
> connecting to a Sql 2005 server. I was able to get my Cache object to
> invalidate based on the SqlCacheDependency object associated with it. The
> problem is I had to give the database use sysadmin rights in order to
> successfully execute SqlDependency.Start(connectionstring).
>
> What are the required database permissions for SqlDependency.Start to
> execute successfully? A link to help on this would be fine, but I cannot
> find anything.
>
> Thanks,
> Chad

m1r0

The solution to this problem for me was to change the default schema of
the user from dbo to the appropriate one.

--
m1r0