yhhuang

7/8/2003 8:35:00 AM

Hello John,

You can use .NET Remoting to enable different applications to communicate
with one another, whether those applications reside on the same computer,
on different computers in the same local area network, or across the world
in very different networks -- even if the computers run different operating
systems.

You could refer to MSDN for details on remoting programming.

Typical IPCs use mailslots, network DDE, pipes to communicate with each
other. They are generally used in Win32 and easy to understand and use. You
could wrap them in .NET for developing.

If you have follow up questions, please post here.

Best regards,
yhhuang
VS.NET, Visual C++
Microsoft

Got .Net? http://www.got...
--------------------
!From: johnfofawn@hotmail.com (John)
!Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservices
!Subject: Re: WebServices without IIS????
!Date: 7 Jul 2003 10:15:59 -0700
!
!yhhuang@online.microsoft.com (Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT]) wrote in message
!> Hello John,
!>
!> The question is that how to make Cassini know that status of your app? I
!> think you may still need to set up a IPC (InterProcess Communication)
!> channel here.
!>
!> Best regards,
!> yhhuang
!> VS.NET, Visual C++
!> Microsoft
!
!Yes, I think I need some kind of IPC. In .NET is Remoteing the right way
to do IPC?
!
!Thanks,
!John