Connections not being released with ODBC.Net and DB/2

Edward J. Stembler

3/18/2002 9:32:00 PM

Is anyone out there using IBM's DB/2 for Windows and
Microsoft's ODBC.Net? We're having a problem where the
connections are never being released, regarless of
explicitly doing so in code. Anyone else experiencing
this? Anyone heard of any work arounds?
3 Answers

(David Sceppa)

George

Yup, had the same problem. It seems that if your
connection object is an instance variable of an object,
the connection is never released properly. This can be
clearly seen in the ODBC Connection Pooling counters in
perfmon.

If, however, you create the connection as a local variable
in a method, it works fine.

-G

Edward J. Stembler

Actually, we were using public shared Connection(s).
After chaning them to use local method variables, it
worked great. Thanks!!