Ellen

3/18/2002 8:22:00 PM

I am new to development in .NET world, and want to
evaluate the MS Mobile Internet Toolkit before I spend big
bucks.

While I have a copy of Visual Studio 6.0, and have
downloaded and installed the .NET SDK and the MIT, I don't
seem to see anything available but documents - no
executable files.

Can one develope using MIT without .NET Studio?

And if so, where is best place to get info?

Ellen
1 Answer

Doug Thews

MMIT provides a set of mobile classes and extensions to VS.NET IDE. WHile
it's easier to use VS.NET to build .NET applications (IMHO), you can still
use Notepad to build MMIT applications and compile them with the .NET SDK
the same way you would as if they were ASP.NET applications.

Check out the MobileQuickStart web that should have been installed on your
machine when installing the MMIT.

--
Doug Thews
Director, Software Development