MIT device packs, where to download?

Gaston Smit

3/18/2002 2:24:00 PM

I'm currently developing a mobile webapp that should work
on all WAP 1.2, WAP 2.0, cHTML and XHTML color-devices.
The standard configuration of the Microsoft Mobile
Internet Toolkit (MIT) has a very limited number of
devices supported (i.e. the old Nokia 7110 and Ericsson
R380).
Microsoft mentions the MIT Device Packs, being the
solution for continuous support of new mobile devices.

Where can I download these Device Packs?

Thanks.
6 Answers

Gaston Smit

Nobody really has a clue to where to get the MIT device
packs?

Microsoft's .NET MIT clearly is NOT the platform for
mobile development.
Please prove me otherwise.

(Andres Sanabria)

(Andres Sanabria)

Gaston Smit

>The device pack have not been released.
>
>Are there any specific device that you would like to see
supported in MMIT?

We need to get our mobile apps compatible with:
- Ericsson T68
- NEC N21i (i-mode)
- Nokia 7210
- Nokia 7650
- Philips Fisio 820
- Sagem myX-5

Most importantly, I'd like to see ongoing and quick
support in Microsoft MIT for future mobile devices. New
mobile devices with internet capabilities are released
weekly. I hope Microsoft can keep up and release new
device packs regularly. Ericsson's T68 was released in
October 2001. March 2002: Still no support in MIT.
Can you tell me what Microsoft will be doing for us,
Mobile developers, in this matter. Or are we better off at
Linux/SUN platforms?

Thanks. All help appreciated.

Gaston Smit

Andres,

Thank you for your reply.
Please see my other posting within this topic, in which
I've addressed my concern in more detail.

Best regards,
Gaston Smit.

(Andres Sanabria)