ODB .Net Provider Error -Help

Jon Blankenship

3/14/2002 8:44:00 PM

I am currently developing a webservice that will go against an odbc database. I downloaded the latest version of the ODBC .Net Provider. When I try to run my .asmx file I get the following error:
Namespace or type 'ODBC' for the Imports 'Microsoft.Data.ODBC' Cannot be found

This is occuring on the following statement in my .asmx file

Imports Microsoft.Data.ODBC

I am running Windows XP Professional with MDAC 2.7.
I have also looked in the Assembly cache and verified that Microsoft.Data.ODBC has bee added.

Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks,
Jon

Sent via Fuzzy Software @ http://www.fuzzysof...

Daniel Naumann

Jon,

Have you added the reference to your project? You need to add a reference
to the project AND use the Imports statement.

Daniel.

"Jon Blankenship" <sjblankenship@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am currently developing a webservice that will go against an odbc
database. I downloaded the latest version of the ODBC .Net Provider. When
I try to run my .asmx file I get the following error:
> Namespace or type 'ODBC' for the Imports 'Microsoft.Data.ODBC' Cannot be
found

> This is occuring on the following statement in my .asmx file
>
> Imports Microsoft.Data.ODBC
>

> I am running Windows XP Professional with MDAC 2.7.
> I have also looked in the Assembly cache and verified that
Microsoft.Data.ODBC has bee added.

> Please let me know if you have any ideas.
>
> Thanks,
> Jon

> Sent via Fuzzy Software @ http://www.fuzzysof...
> Comprehensive, categorised, searchable collection of links to ASP &
ASP.NET resources...