ORA-03135: connection lost contact

Jaisal

6/1/2010 10:18:00 AM

I'm having a problem where there's a firewall between the web app and the
database, and the user gets an "ORA-03135: connection lost contact" error
during the login itself and as soon as the page is reloaded either the
application works fine or throws an error "Not connected to Oracle". But
externally though Toad or ODBC manager we try connecting the database the
connection is successful. Please kindly help.
Details of the server where the application runs are:

Windows Server 2003 R2 with IIS 6.0
Oracle 10g(Oracle Client ODBC as DSN)
Virtualization used.

--
Jaisal
2 Answers

John Masters

On 2013-02-04 20:52:36 +0000, Gareth Owen said:

> John Masters <johnmasters@me.com> writes:
>
>> The _real_ North West derby
>> is Liverpool v Manchester United and the rivalry (aka hatred) between
>> the two clubs is intense. All down to cotton and a canal; but that's
>> another story.
>
> Only if you subscribe to Sky TV's alternate history in which football
> was invented in 1994. United v Liverpool is a big deal now as
> Ferguson's side have taken so many of Liverpool's records, but that's a
> comparatively recent phenomenon.
>
> Liverpool's traditional rivalry was always with Everton, although as you
> say it was always a relatively friendly affair.
>
> United's traditional rivalry was always with City; that's the game with
> a real history -- Burt Trautmann's testimonial, Denis Law's backheel,
> Best breaking Pardoe's leg, the "35 years" banner, the two biggest
> attendances in league football history, the Munich anniversary match --
> even if City being terrible in the 1990s de-emphasised it just as Rupert
> Murdoch was rebranding reality to his own commercial interests.
>
> Gareth (used to live in Rusholme, just behind Maine Road) Owen

Never having subscribed to Sky, purchased one of Murdoch's rags or
knowingly given Murdoch a single penny, I can only refer to my previous
comment re: cotton and canal. Just ask Stephen Gerrard what is _the_
match.

--
John Masters

War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.
- Ambrose Bierce

John Masters

On 2013-02-05 06:56:40 +0000, Gareth Owen said:

> Gareth Owen <gwowen@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> John Masters <johnmasters@me.com> writes:
>>
>>> Never having subscribed to Sky, purchased one of Murdoch's rags or
>>> knowingly given Murdoch a single penny, I can only refer to my
>>> previous comment re: cotton and canal. Just ask Stephen Gerrard what
>>> is _the_ match.
>>
>> Well, yes. But despite Stephen Gerrard's many qualities, a nuanced
>> understanding of pre-Premier League football history is not numbered
>> among them.
>
> Here's someone who has a longer association with Liverpool FC:
>
> "Dalglish, who has overseen defeats by Manchester United and Blackpool
> since taking charge last weekend, denied that United had supplanted
> Everton as Liverpool's fiercest rivals.
>
> 'Not for me. They say Manchester United v Liverpool is a derby
> but I don't see that - I see it as a competitive football match.
> A derby is best described as two teams from the same city playing
> each other'"
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9...

OK, I concede defeat. The biggest derby for me is Plymouth Argyle v
Exeter City but that doesn't seem to attract the same media attention
as Liverpool v Everton. Don't know why.