Generic Database Connector

Derek Hart

3/17/2009 5:53:00 PM

I am looking for a .Net control that will allow a user to create a
connection to a database at runtime. This could be a standard ODBC
connection. Ideally it could be as powerful as DTS. Then I will create
additional properties the user can enter, such as sql select statements, or
maybe include a sql builder. Any 3rd party components out there or other way
to do this?

1 Answer

Scott M.

You should look into creating a ProviderFactory.

http://www.simple-talk.com/dotnet/.net-framework/ado.net-2.0-factor...

Also, please don''t cross-post like this as this question is not relevant to
a number of the NG''s you''ve posted to.

-Scott