Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

Brian Ray

I'm trying to use OdbcConnection to connect to a database. The first time
is usually fine, but after a few times I get the following exception:

AccessViolationException - "Attempted to read or write protected memory.
This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt."

I've looked around the internet and I cannot seem to find anything remotely
helpful although there are a lot of discussions about this exception. I
would appreciate if anyone has some insight.

This is the test code I'm using (C# 2.0). On my computer, the crash usually
happens when i=3, but not always:

// START

for (int i = 0; i < 10; i++)
{
Console.WriteLine(i);

OdbcConnection connection = new OdbcConnection(<connection string
omitted>)

connection.Open();

OdbcCommand command = connection.CreateCommand();

command.CommandText = "SELECT \"Date\" from \"TESTDB\".\"BIG\" group
by \"Date\"";

OdbcDataReader reader = command.ExecuteReader();

while (reader.Read())
{
}

reader.Close();