connecting SQL DB to ACCESS DB

Mac

7/17/2007 5:44:00 PM

I'm sort of new to this and have done this in the past, but I have a new
laptop and apparently don't have every thing I need (I think that's the
problem).

I have a SQL database that I need to see in thru access (there are reports
built on the access DB thaty I need to modify )

How do I get them linked (SQL 2000 / Access 2000 and/or 2003)
--
Mac
1 Answer

Paul Clement

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 10:44:02 -0700, Mac <Mac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

&#164; I''m sort of new to this and have done this in the past, but I have a new
&#164; laptop and apparently don''t have every thing I need (I think that''s the
&#164; problem).
&#164;
&#164; I have a SQL database that I need to see in thru access (there are reports
&#164; built on the access DB thaty I need to modify )
&#164;
&#164; How do I get them linked (SQL 2000 / Access 2000 and/or 2003)

If the Access database is working off of linked tables then you can probably use the Linked Table
Manager to re-link your SQL Server tables.

I''m assuming that is the problem you''re having since you didn''t mention any errors or the exact
problem.

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)