Moving from SQL connection to a DSN...

Carlos Sosa Albert

6/26/2007 5:46:00 PM

Hi guys,

I have a website that was working using a Microsoft SQL Server (SqlClient)
and XSDs.
Now it has to be moved to a DSN connection (that also points to a SQL
Server).

But I'm clueless about what should I change and where... Or even if is still
going to work...

Any help please?

1 Answer

Paul Clement

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 14:45:48 -0300, "Carlos Sosa Albert" <betun (at) hotmail> wrote:

&#164; Hi guys,
&#164;
&#164; I have a website that was working using a Microsoft SQL Server (SqlClient)
&#164; and XSDs.
&#164; Now it has to be moved to a DSN connection (that also points to a SQL
&#164; Server).
&#164;
&#164; But I''m clueless about what should I change and where... Or even if is still
&#164; going to work...

You''re really moving backwards with respect to technology here. The use of a DSN is strictly ODBC
(and dated) technology which means that you will have to use the System.Data.Odbc library with the
SQL Server ODBC driver instead of the native .NET SQL Server library.

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)