Timo Kunze

I'm using MySQL Connector/ODBC v5 to connect to a MySQL 4.1.22 server.
I'm using the following connection string:

DRIVER={{MySQL Connector/ODBC
v5}};SERVER={0};DATABASE={1};UID={2};PWD={3};OPTIONS=3;CHARSET=utf8;

The tables are of type MyISAM, the collations are utf8_general_ci.
When inserting rows into a table, any special characters like German
umlauts are written correctly into the table (verified that with
phpMyAdmin). But when reading those rows, the special characters are broken.

If I execute "SET CHARACTER SET latin1" right after connection opening,
the special characters are okay, but I'd like to use UTF-8 only.

What am I doing wrong?

Timo
--
www.TimoSoft-Software.de - Unicode controls for VB6
"Those who sacrifice freedom for safety deserve neither."

raylopez99

On Apr 2, 6:52 am, Timo Kunze <TKunze71...@gmx.de> wrote:

> If I execute "SET CHARACTER SET latin1" right after connection opening,
> the special characters are okay, but I''d like to use UTF-8 only.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Timo

Beats me Timo. I''m still learning the language.

RL