Problem connecting to MySQL in IIS through ASP/VB

Alan

I've been having problems trying to connect to MySQL through IIS via
ODBC in ASP.NET (using VB). When I run the code in Visual Studio it
works fine -- i.e. I'm able to enter data into the MySQL table. But
running it under IIS it just won't work - no error messages, but with a

few message boxes I found that it seems to halt at the Open method,
i.e.

Dim conn As New OdbcConnection(connStr)
conn.Open()

In a separate aspx file IIS allows me to read data from the database
using

ConnectionString="<%$ connectionStrings:dConnect %>" ProviderName="<%$
connectionStrings:dConnect.ProviderName %>" SelectCommand="SELECT *
FROM users" />

But the problem for me is how to connect to the database in my separate

VB file. Maybe a permissions issue? I'd be very grateful for any
advice.

Cheers,

Alan