gyoder

5/29/2006 1:26:00 AM

how do i get a list of tables after issuing odbcconnection.open? i'm able to
open the connection and use odbcconnection.getschema but is there a generic
method that returns table list?

thanks

3 Answers

Paul Clement

On Sun, 28 May 2006 21:25:45 -0400, "gyoder" <georgeyoder@comcast.net> wrote:

&#164; how do i get a list of tables after issuing odbcconnection.open? i''m able to
&#164; open the connection and use odbcconnection.getschema but is there a generic
&#164; method that returns table list?
&#164;

Dim ODBCDatabaseConnection As New Odbc.OdbcConnection

ODBCDatabaseConnection.ConnectionString = "DSN=AccessDB"
ODBCDatabaseConnection.Open()

Dim TableSchema As DataTable

TableSchema = ODBCDatabaseConnection.GetSchema("tables")

DataGridView1.DataSource = TableSchema

ODBCDatabaseConnection.Close()

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

J T

I needed the same thing, and this post helped me.

thanks
Jd

connection