Connection is busy with results for another hstmt

Juan

5/10/2006 11:02:00 AM

Hello:

I'm using a connection in a web page to connect to SQL Server throught an
ODBC driver, but from time to time and witthout using DataReaders (I return
data in Datatables) I get an error like this:

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Connection is busy with results for
another hstmt

Anyone can help me?

The connection is unique for each page I call.

Thanks

3 Answers

Paul Clement

On Wed, 10 May 2006 13:01:30 +0200, "Juan" <juan@tata.com> wrote:

&#164; Hello:
&#164;
&#164; I''m using a connection in a web page to connect to SQL Server throught an
&#164; ODBC driver, but from time to time and witthout using DataReaders (I return
&#164; data in Datatables) I get an error like this:
&#164;
&#164; [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Connection is busy with results for
&#164; another hstmt
&#164;
&#164;
&#164;
&#164; Anyone can help me?
&#164;
&#164; The connection is unique for each page I call.

Is this happening with a connection that is being reused in the page for each DataTable or a new
connection that is created each time?

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Juan

It''s being reused in all the web page, I connect when it starts and close
when ends. I think the ADO.Net wrapper should support this.

Any idea?

Thanks

"Paul Clement" <UseAdddressAtEndofMessage@swspectrum.com> escribi&#243; en el
mensaje news:2dr362h0d8hlgv9jf3pguivibl04dd67fr@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 10 May 2006 13:01:30 +0200, "Juan" <juan@tata.com> wrote:
>
> &#164; Hello:
> &#164;
> &#164; I''m using a connection in a web page to connect to SQL Server throught
> an
> &#164; ODBC driver, but from time to time and witthout using DataReaders (I
> return
> &#164; data in Datatables) I get an error like this:
> &#164;
> &#164; [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Connection is busy with results for
> &#164; another hstmt
> &#164;
> &#164;
> &#164;
> &#164; Anyone can help me?
> &#164;
> &#164; The connection is unique for each page I call.
>
> Is this happening with a connection that is being reused in the page for
> each DataTable or a new
> connection that is created each time?
>

> Paul
> ~~~~
> Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Paul Clement

On Thu, 11 May 2006 12:01:16 +0200, "Juan" <juan@tata.com> wrote:

&#164; It''s being reused in all the web page, I connect when it starts and close
&#164; when ends. I think the ADO.Net wrapper should support this.
&#164;

It''s OK as along as you''re not attempting to hook it up to multiple DataReaders.

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)