How to enumerate available DSN providers?

JJ

3/3/2006 5:08:00 AM

I'm a newbie in C# and database.

I want to show a list of available DSN in my system. Is there a way to do
so?

Using C++ and Windows API I can use SQL....(example, SQLDataSources() and
others) functions to enumerate what I want. However, is there an equivelent
in C# .NET?

Thank you
Jeff

1 Answer

Paul Clement

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 22:07:45 -0700, "JJ" <chingwaah@hotmail.com> wrote:

&#164; I''m a newbie in C# and database.
&#164;
&#164;
&#164; I want to show a list of available DSN in my system. Is there a way to do
&#164; so?
&#164;
&#164; Using C++ and Windows API I can use SQL....(example, SQLDataSources() and
&#164; others) functions to enumerate what I want. However, is there an equivelent
&#164; in C# .NET?

There is no equivalent. The methods are the same.

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)