System.Data.ODBC Blob insert problem

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=

11/26/2005 5:05:00 PM

Hi all,

I am trying to use System.Data.ODBC to insert a file into a binary field in
SQL Server 2000. Now, before you yell at me, the reason I am doing this is
that I am only writing intitial code against SQL, but this app will need to
be able to run against any ODBC compliant DB, so I am also not using stored
procedures.

I have tangles with this for hours, but I cannot seem to figure out how to
just read the contents of a file off disk and write it into a binary field in
SQL not using a stored procedure. If I can get that working, I can do
whatever I need, but I can't so far.

Does anyone have a sample of this or an article? There are many articles for
doing this with SPROCS, doing this with SqlClient, not ODBC. I tried just
modifying the objects from an SqlClient example, but no avail.

Appreciate any help on this...