Ross

11/15/2005 6:29:00 PM

Hi, I'm getting this error message on a windows 2003 VM ware box.
ERROR [HY000] [DataDirect][ODBC DirectConnect driver] Unable to load
communication module. NetLib Driver has not been correctly installed.

Overview. I developed this ASP.Net application on an IBM laptop and it
works
find. I'm required to move it to development box as stated above. I
had to install the ODBC driver manually and to test it I set up a DSN
which connects. However when the application runs it gets the above
error. The connection string is the same. Some other weirdness as well.

On my laptop the provider, db, database doesn't' cause errors, on the
VM ware box they do.

My laptop is version: 69586-335-0000007-18808.
The VM Ware box is: 69586-335-0000007-18593.

Soooo, could it be the VM ware box, 2003, ODBC installed incorrectly or

even the slight version number difference?

Thanks again.

1 Answer

jt

ross_smith@csaa.com wrote:
> Hi, I''m getting this error message on a windows 2003 VM ware box.
> ERROR [HY000] [DataDirect][ODBC DirectConnect driver] Unable to load
> communication module. NetLib Driver has not been correctly installed.

What database are you connecting with?