Nikolay Petrov

11/12/2005 8:48:00 AM

I need to fill data in Excel table. I have an Excel workbook, where
some values should be filled in specified cells. I need to do this
without COM interop, because i don't have Excel installed. I red that
ADO.NET does not support 'Insert' and 'Update' statments against excel
files. Any ideas how to fill the table?

TIA

5 Answers

Ken Tucker [MVP]

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en...

Ken
---------------
"Nikolay Petrov" <johntup2@mail.bg> wrote in message
>I need to fill data in Excel table. I have an Excel workbook, where
> some values should be filled in specified cells. I need to do this
> without COM interop, because i don''t have Excel installed. I red that
> ADO.NET does not support ''Insert'' and ''Update'' statments against excel
> files. Any ideas how to fill the table?
>
> TIA

Jan

If you can''t use automation and Jet OLE DB doesn''t have the power you need,
only other solution is to use some third-party control. If the amount of
data you are exporting is not large (less than 5 sheets and 150 rows per
sheet), you have ExcelLite Free component you can freely use in commercial
apps (http://www.gemboxsoftware.com/ExcelLi...). If your worksheet
grows in size, you can easily update to ExcelLite Professional.

Jan
GemBox Software
www.gemboxsoftware.com

"Nikolay Petrov" <johntup2@mail.bg> wrote in message
>I need to fill data in Excel table. I have an Excel workbook, where
> some values should be filled in specified cells. I need to do this
> without COM interop, because i don''t have Excel installed. I red that
> ADO.NET does not support ''Insert'' and ''Update'' statments against excel
> files. Any ideas how to fill the table?
>
> TIA

Nikolay Petrov

I need to fill 10 to 20 cell only. at specific locations in excel
template. that''s all

Nikolay Petrov

Ken. It was my mistake. Before some time, i''ve tried to delete records
in excel file, and I red this KB article. This time, i forgot that only
deletion is not possible. Sorry, my memory is not so good these days.
Thanks however.

David Fisher

"Sean Huxter" <sean.huxter@SPAMverizon.net> wrote in message

> So as a newbie, would you say rec.arts.int-fiction is more the developers'
> group, while rec.games.int-fiction is more the players?

Yes, that's right. RGIF is a great place to ask for hints about specific
games.

You can see the kinds of topics that have been discussed on RAIF at:

http://www.ifwiki.org/index.php/Past_r...

.... including some answers to your original question about which IF language
is the "best":

http://www.ifwiki.org/index.php/Past_r...:_Development:_part_1#Authoring_systems_in_general

David Fisher