Marlene

10/20/2005 8:21:00 PM

I am trying to execute a DTS package inside a windows service.
The DTS is copying some data from an ODBC datasource to SQL Server.

I think is a security problem, but when the windows service runs it does not
trigger any error.

The DTS deletes a table and then copy the info from the ODBC Source, it gets
to delete the table but the part that copy the data doesn't work.

I did the following test.....

I have the same code executing the same DTS package in a regular .NET
windows application and then using the Schedule Task I put it to run on
schedule. This works ok if I am logged in the computer with the same user
the scheduled task is running under.

I found this article that describes exactly what is happening

http://support.microsoft.com/?k...

Since I have to pay for the hotfix I decided to try putting the code into a
windows service but I have the same behavior.

I am testing the windows services putting it to run under the same user
the scheduled task is running under.

Any ideas why the windows service is having pronblems also???? Any
feedback is welcome, thanks...

Marlene