connecting to HP NonStop SQL

RaviKiran

10/10/2005 10:28:00 AM

Hi All,

Anybody developed a .Net App which connects to "HP NonStop SQL" database .
If anybody worked with it, can you please let me know, what should be
installed on my machine. Do we have any drivers for connecting from .Net App

Please help me

Thanks in Advance

Regards,
RaviKiran
2 Answers

Paul Clement

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 03:28:02 -0700, RaviKiran <RaviKiran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

&#164; Hi All,
&#164;
&#164; Anybody developed a .Net App which connects to "HP NonStop SQL" database .
&#164; If anybody worked with it, can you please let me know, what should be
&#164; installed on my machine. Do we have any drivers for connecting from .Net App
&#164;

Sounds like the Tandem NonStop technology that was acquired by Compaq a number of years ago. There
is a product called DynaAccess from Cornerstone Software that usesODBC to connect to an Enscribe
database. It looks like they support the SQL product as well:

http://www.corsof.com/pr...

I would also check with HP to see if they have ODBC drivers. I don''t know if there is an OLEDB or
native .NET provider for this system.

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Autymn D. C.

On Feb 1, 1:10 pm, Sami <hbaf...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Feb 1, 12:13 pm, Gary Leighton <leightong...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > On the whole I find that playing IF is hard work. Do you?
>
> > I generally find modern video games much easier to play than IF.
>
> Ah, you must be young.  I *suck* at modern video games because I
> always have a hard time just moving around.  I can't play the ones
> that don't have an easy mode.  I much prefer the old games with crappy
> graphics, since they are (physically) easy to play and I can
> concentrate on the puzzles.

practise? Do you read manuals or guides? You must sidele (what they
wrongly call strafe), roll, and flee in shooters to stay alive, of
course. Try Goldeneye and Jet Force Gemini.

> I actually don't mind mapping, although in a very large game I
> appreciate it if the map at least makes sense in some way so I don't
> have to look at it all the time.  A lot of the newer IF games (thanks,
> I think, to Emily Short) have a "go to <room>" feature so you don't
> have to remember how to get everywhere.

Hey, I was the one who made the suggestion on Inform's site, along
with aliases for in and out.