weer1

First thing I thought that would be part of .NET is support for a .NET
Applets kindoff thing. There is no such thing in .NET. Why not? It
would be a great opportunity for MS to do this right now isn't it?

weerius

3 Answers

Paul Clement

On 23 Sep 2005 02:22:54 -0700, weer1@gmx.net wrote:

¤ Hi,
¤
¤ First thing I thought that would be part of .NET is support for a .NET
¤ Applets kindoff thing. There is no such thing in .NET. Why not? It
¤ would be a great opportunity for MS to do this right now isn''t it?

What would you consider to be an applet?

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Matt Neerincx [MSFT]

I think the general design idea was to avoid run .NET code in the client
browser, rather do all the work on the server and send back HTML to the
client. This is easier to do this and be secure and have a consistent UI.

--
Matt Neerincx [MSFT]

purposes only.

"Paul Clement" <UseAdddressAtEndofMessage@swspectrum.com> wrote in message
> On 23 Sep 2005 02:22:54 -0700, weer1@gmx.net wrote:
>
> &#164; Hi,
> &#164;
> &#164; First thing I thought that would be part of .NET is support for a .NET
> &#164; Applets kindoff thing. There is no such thing in .NET. Why not? It
> &#164; would be a great opportunity for MS to do this right now isn''t it?
>
> What would you consider to be an applet?
>

> Paul
> ~~~~
> Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

S.M. Altaf [MVP]

Something like a Java Applet you see on many pages around the web, which
require you to have a runtime environment installed on your machine. Very
reminiscent of ActiveX, if you''ll remember. :-)

www.mendhak.com