Can't activate the "Data Link Properties" dialog

gorella

7/26/2005 9:37:00 PM

Under tools in VS 2003, when I select "Connect to Database" or if I press the
icon under Server explorer, nothing happens. I've uninstalled and reinstalled
3 times.
I've reinstalled MDAC and still have the same problem.
I'm using VS 2003 under XP.

--
GGO

Either the DataLinks component itself has a problem or VS 2003 calling the
DataLinks has a problem.

To try DataLinks outside of VS2003, create an empty file with the ".UDL"
extension and open it from the file explorer. That should open the
DataLinks dialog and help narrow the problem down.

purposes only.

"gorella" <gorella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Under tools in VS 2003, when I select "Connect to Database" or if I press
> the
> icon under Server explorer, nothing happens. I''ve uninstalled and
> reinstalled
> 3 times.
> I''ve reinstalled MDAC and still have the same problem.
> I''m using VS 2003 under XP.
>
> --
> GGO

gorella

Yes that did activate the dialog.
What I ended up doing was having my laptop totally rebuilt w/XP and then I
reinstalled .NET. What do you think could have been the problem?..thanks
again ggo
--
GGO

> Either the DataLinks component itself has a problem or VS 2003 calling the
> DataLinks has a problem.
>
> To try DataLinks outside of VS2003, create an empty file with the ".UDL"
> extension and open it from the file explorer. That should open the
> DataLinks dialog and help narrow the problem down.
>
> --
> This posting is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no rights.
> Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup
> purposes only.
>
> "gorella" <gorella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Under tools in VS 2003, when I select "Connect to Database" or if I press
> > the
> > icon under Server explorer, nothing happens. I''ve uninstalled and
> > reinstalled
> > 3 times.
> > I''ve reinstalled MDAC and still have the same problem.
> > I''m using VS 2003 under XP.
> >
> > --
> > GGO

Some complex registration thing didn''t happen correctly or became corrupted.