Lam

6/30/2005 6:54:00 PM

hi
I create a System DSN which connect to the Pervasive database located on
a computer in the network. How can I write the code to connect to the
database? or is there a namespace that I can use?

Thanks a lot

2 Answers

Paul Clement

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 14:53:32 -0400, "Lam" <javabeanbean@hotmail.com> wrote:

&#164; hi
&#164; I create a System DSN which connect to the Pervasive database located on
&#164; a computer in the network. How can I write the code to connect to the
&#164; database? or is there a namespace that I can use?

If you''re using a DSN then it sounds like you need to use the System.Data.ODBC namespace.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfsystemdataodbcodbcconnectionclas...

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

musclpete

I have a very simple connection:
hApex.ConnectionString = "DSN=A; Database = B"
where A = Data Source name on the odbc setup in control panel
and B = database name.
Note: our system doesn''t use security so I didn''t need a user name or
anything like that.