can't create more than 128 connections to database with odbc

Amir Zicherman

6/21/2005 4:30:00 AM

hi,

I'm using Postgresql odbc driver with odbcnet. When i try to make 300
connections to my database through the driver, i get the following error on
the 129th attempt:

{"ERROR [IM005] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's
SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_DBC failed" }

I made sure that connection pooling is disabled for the driver through the
"ODBC Data Source Administrator" and i'm not sure what else to do. I also
know this is definitely a client side issue with ODBC because when i use
another data provider, i can make my 300 connections with no problem. what
am i doing wrong with the odbc driver?

please help, thank you, amir