Informix DB Updations through .Net Transactional Serviced Componen

Raj

6/16/2005 10:23:00 PM

Hi ,

I am trying to use the transactional serviced(com+) component in C# .net to
update
the informix database tables using the odbc.

Whenver i tried to connect to informinx database by ordinary .net
code(without any transactional components) it's working fine.but the problem
arises when i used to connect to informinx by using transactional com+.
any idea on this.

I am getting following error, When I try to open a odbcconnection for
Informix(Unix) database, on my C# Service component application (Transaction
attribute of the class is RequiredNew).

m_oWMSConn.Open();

"ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Unspecified System
Error = -23101.\r\nERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's
SQLSetConnectAttr failed\r\nERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC
Driver][Informix]Unspecified System Error = -23101."

But on parallel, I created a windows app (non transactional) and paste same
code over there, its run fine!!!!!

Environment :
ODBC Informix Driver version is : 3.8

thanks in advance.
Raj
rajasekhara.karumuru@schwans.com

5 Answers

David Kinder

David Fisher wrote:
> The existence of an unintentional "dip the rat's tail in the liquid
> nitrogen" solution to a puzzle made it sound pretty well implemented ...

That does sound pretty good, but did he give any clue as to which game it
was in? Or even if it was in a released game?

David

RootShell (www.ifreviews.org)

David Kinder wrote:
"(The 68000 was the processor in the computer their first game was
originally written for, an obscure machine called the Sinclair
> QL.)"

Being a HUGE fan of both the ZxSpectrum and the SinclairQL could you
please explain why you called the SinclairQL "an obscure machine"? ;)

David Kinder

RootShell (IFReviews.org) wrote:
> Being a HUGE fan of both the ZxSpectrum and the SinclairQL could you
> please explain why you called the SinclairQL "an obscure machine"? ;)

As the original poster has an Australian email address, I suspect that he's
never heard of the QL, hence the "obscure". Mind you, I'd suggest that even
in the UK, the number of people who remember a computer sold in small
numbers for two years over twenty years ago is not exactly huge :-)

David

David Fisher

"David Kinder" <david@david.david> wrote in message
> David Fisher wrote:
>> The existence of an unintentional "dip the rat's tail in the liquid
>> nitrogen" solution to a puzzle made it sound pretty well implemented ...
>
> That does sound pretty good, but did he give any clue as to which game it
> was in? Or even if it was in a released game?

I don't have any further clues ... the only context is what I posted earlier
(at the start of the thread).

From a quick search through some Magnetic Scrolls game solutions, the only
one that mentions rats seems to be Guild of Thieves, so maybe that's it.
(But is there a vat of liquid nitrogen in that game?)

David Fisher

David Kinder

David Fisher wrote:
> From a quick search through some Magnetic Scrolls game solutions, the only
> one that mentions rats seems to be Guild of Thieves, so maybe that's it.
> (But is there a vat of liquid nitrogen in that game?)

I don't remember one, and the solutions don't mention it, either.

David