Robin Prosch via .NET 247

5/15/2005 12:21:00 PM

I'm a fresher in .Net

I tried to connect my application(C# and ASP.Net) with MS Access...
I searched for a code in google and found a code suitable to start with..

It contained

using System.Data.Ado;

To enable this what is the dll reference I need to add to my project

Regards,
Maddy

-----------------------
Posted by a user from .NET 247 (http://www.dotn...)

<Id>O2Ge9GwTXUiS3cqOh2CrRw==</Id>
1 Answer

Paul Clement

On Sun, 15 May 2005 05:20:36 -0700, Madhan B via .NET 247 <anonymous@dotnet247.com> wrote:

&#164; I''m a fresher in .Net
&#164;
&#164; I tried to connect my application(C# and ASP.Net) with MS Access...
&#164; I searched for a code in google and found a code suitable to start with..
&#164;
&#164; It contained
&#164;
&#164; using System.Data.Ado;
&#164;
&#164; To enable this what is the dll reference I need to add to my project
&#164;

That sounds like the name of the library used during the .NET beta phase. There is no such library
in .NET.

Use System.Data.OleDb instead:

using System.Data.OleDb;

OleDbConnection objConn = new OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=e:\\My
Documents\\db1.mdb");

objConn.Open();

Paul
~~~~