Dario Bravo

4/12/2005 3:09:00 PM

Hi to all.
Before I begin with my question, I apologize for my very-often bad english.
It's not my natural language...
In my company we've got an unix server with Informix UniVerse and ODBC. I
want to use server's ODBC capabilities to make a C# .Net program. It's really
simple, just a textbox to input a query and a DataGrid to display the
results. In adition, I wanna make a DropDownList where the DataBase's table
names are listed in order to do a quick SELECT * FROM <selected table from
dropdownlist>. My question is: how can I get a list of available tables??? I
already tried OdbcDataAdapter.FillSchema(DataSet) but it doen't seems to
work....

Here's a tip. In my SQLServer enterprise administration program, I can
import tables from my UniVerse server and when I select the odbc data source
i get the infamous table list!!!

I hope i was clear enough in order for you to understand what I'm saying,
and thanks in advance for any help!

1 Answer

Paul Clement

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 08:09:04 -0700, "Dario Bravo" <Dario Bravo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

&#164; Hi to all.
&#164; Before I begin with my question, I apologize for my very-often bad english.
&#164; It''s not my natural language...
&#164; In my company we''ve got an unix server with Informix UniVerse and ODBC. I
&#164; want to use server''s ODBC capabilities to make a C# .Net program. It''s really
&#164; simple, just a textbox to input a query and a DataGrid to display the
&#164; results. In adition, I wanna make a DropDownList where the DataBase''s table
&#164; names are listed in order to do a quick SELECT * FROM <selected table from
&#164; dropdownlist>. My question is: how can I get a list of available tables??? I
&#164; already tried OdbcDataAdapter.FillSchema(DataSet) but it doen''t seems to
&#164; work....
&#164;
&#164; Here''s a tip. In my SQLServer enterprise administration program, I can
&#164; import tables from my UniVerse server and when I select the odbc data source
&#164; i get the infamous table list!!!
&#164;
&#164; I hope i was clear enough in order for you to understand what I''m saying,
&#164; and thanks in advance for any help!

Have you tried using GetSchemaTable?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfsystemdataodbcodbcdatareaderclassgetschematabl...

Paul
~~~~