Kevin Harrison

9/25/2003 1:55:00 PM

Has anyone had any issues repeatedly sending SMTP e-mails from .Net?

I have a c# component that gets executed by multiple threads, and uses
SmtpMail.Send to send e-mails. Whilst in 80% of cases this works fine, I
sometimes get "Could not access 'CDO.Message' object" errors

The code in question is running as an AIC component under BizTalk.

The call stack is:
System.Web.Mail.LateBoundAccessHelper.CallMethod(Object obj, String
methodName, Object[] args)
System.Web.Mail.CdoSysHelper.Send(MailMessage message)
System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.Send(MailMessage message)

Thanks.
Kev.

5 Answers

rmorin

I ran into too many similar issues myself and decided that my own Smtp
class was in order.
http://www..../articles/HowTo.SMTP....

Randy
http://www....

"Kevin Harrison" <kevin.harrison@ioko.com> wrote in message news:<eZLGVy2gDHA.3272@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>...
> Has anyone had any issues repeatedly sending SMTP e-mails from .Net?
>
> I have a c# component that gets executed by multiple threads, and uses
> SmtpMail.Send to send e-mails. Whilst in 80% of cases this works fine, I
> sometimes get "Could not access 'CDO.Message' object" errors
>
> The code in question is running as an AIC component under BizTalk.
>
> The call stack is:
> System.Web.Mail.LateBoundAccessHelper.CallMethod(Object obj, String
> methodName, Object[] args)
> System.Web.Mail.CdoSysHelper.Send(MailMessage message)
> System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.Send(MailMessage message)
>
> Thanks.
> Kev.

Bill

You could also try http://www.fr...

"Randy Charles Morin" <rmorin@kbcafe.com> wrote in message
> I ran into too many similar issues myself and decided that my own Smtp
> class was in order.
> http://www..../articles/HowTo.SMTP....
>
> Randy
> http://www....
>
> "Kevin Harrison" <kevin.harrison@ioko.com> wrote in message
> > Has anyone had any issues repeatedly sending SMTP e-mails from .Net?
> >
> > I have a c# component that gets executed by multiple threads, and uses
> > SmtpMail.Send to send e-mails. Whilst in 80% of cases this works fine, I
> > sometimes get "Could not access 'CDO.Message' object" errors
> >
> > The code in question is running as an AIC component under BizTalk.
> >
> > The call stack is:
> > System.Web.Mail.LateBoundAccessHelper.CallMethod(Object obj, String
> > methodName, Object[] args)
> > System.Web.Mail.CdoSysHelper.Send(MailMessage message)
> > System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.Send(MailMessage message)
> >
> > Thanks.
> > Kev.

zane

Randy,

Perhaps my quick scan of your article missed something. But it appears that you
don't handle timeouts or the fact that an SMTP response line may arrive in two
separate chunks (reads). While the former problem is obvious when it occurs the
latter results in random protocol failures which are difficult to diagnose.

--
Abderaware
Fine Components For .NET

Kishor

I also used this object to send and receive emails. I am able to send and
receive mails successfully. But I faced one problem, which I would like to
share with you. If you people have a better suggestions please let me know.

I have used VB.net language to send and receive mails. Mail body format was
HTML.

My problem was to send and receive mail in HTML format. Which contained
Images and text. With this I was able to send and receive the HTML text
correctly, however I am not able to display images in the body. I tried
attaching all the images to the messages and specifying the path. But this
also did not worked for me. It worked only when I receive mail in the
outlook. If I was opening this mail on web based interface I was not able to
see images. Path which missing images was showing and the path of attachment
was different on different server.

I also have seen so many components, which are capable of doing this. But
they are not free. So I would like to request you if you know the solution
please help me.

Regards,

Kishor

"Kevin Harrison" <kevin.harrison@ioko.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone had any issues repeatedly sending SMTP e-mails from .Net?
>
> I have a c# component that gets executed by multiple threads, and uses
> SmtpMail.Send to send e-mails. Whilst in 80% of cases this works fine, I
> sometimes get "Could not access 'CDO.Message' object" errors
>
> The code in question is running as an AIC component under BizTalk.
>
> The call stack is:
> System.Web.Mail.LateBoundAccessHelper.CallMethod(Object obj, String
> methodName, Object[] args)
> System.Web.Mail.CdoSysHelper.Send(MailMessage message)
> System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.Send(MailMessage message)
>
> Thanks.
> Kev.

Kumar Gaurav Khanna

Hi!

Check out CSLMail at

http://www.wintoo...showpage.aspx?url=dotnet.aspx?show=...

Regards,
Kumar Gaurav Khanna
Microsoft MVP - .NET, MCSE Windows 2000/NT4, MCP+I
WinToolZone - Spelunking Microsoft Technologies
http://www.wintoo...
OpSupport - Spelunking Rotor
http://opsupport....