Francois PIETTE

9/18/2003 2:23:00 PM

I'm new to DotNet, so excuse my stupid questions -(
I have to port a Windows program making use of Windows messaging system
(PostMessage with custom messages). Does DotNet programs have a message pump
? Do we have access to the window handle of each form or control ? How do I
write a message handler ?

--
francois.piette@overbyte.be
http://www.o...

1 Answer

(Mattias Sjögren)

Francois,

microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.windowsforms is a better group for
Windows Forms related questions.

>Does DotNet programs have a message pump?

Yes, it''s started when you call Application.Run().

>Do we have access to the window handle of each form or control ?

Yes, check the Handle property.

>How do I write a message handler ?

You can override the virtual WndProc method and handle any custom
message.

Mattias

--
Mattias Sjögren [MVP] mattias @ mvps.org