microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

Re: Get assembly/type library at design time

WALDO

9/4/2003 4:49:00 PM

OK, so I hooked into the text editor events to catch when line changes are
made. Should I compare the codemodel to the codemodels I've persisted to see
if any changes have been made? Is there alot of overhead involved in that?

"Carlos J. Quintero" <carlos_j_quintero@_NO_MORE_SPAM_hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:erLcSKgbDHA.2024@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> See Project.CodeModel and ProjectItem.FileCodeModel in the docs and you
will
> get the CodeElements of your source code. Note that is a totally different
> route than the Reflection used for compiled assemblies.
>
> Carlos Quintero
>
> "Rob Mayo" <Rob.Mayo@WestonSolutions.com> escribió en el mensaje
> > I'm developing an add-in for my group. I want the add-in to be able to
> load
> > the members of the cureent project as you're building them. I already
know
> > how to load an assembly and list the members from a file. That won't
work
> > because the assemblies won't reflect any current changes until the
project
> > is compiled.
> >
> > Is there any way to get the list of current members and properties as
they
> > are entered in the IDE?

2 Answers

Carlos J. Quintero

Yes, it will be costly to do that in every line changed. You can provide a
explicit "Synchronize...." or similar command as the one for the ClassView
in the context menu of the code editor.

Carlos Quintero

"WALDO" <MidnightNOSPAMAlley@hotmail.com> escribi&#243; en el mensaje
> OK, so I hooked into the text editor events to catch when line changes are
> made. Should I compare the codemodel to the codemodels I''ve persisted to
see
> if any changes have been made? Is there alot of overhead involved in that?

Rob Mayo

Yeah, I figured on that. I was hoping not to do that. I was trying to do
this with as little user intervention as possible. I was really hoping for
some event to tell me when the codemodel changed. Oh well. I guess that will
go on my Microsoft VS wish list.

"Carlos J. Quintero" <carlos_j_quintero@_NO_MORE_SPAM_hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:uyhukJ4cDHA.456@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...