microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

Unexpected Socket Error (WSAENOBUFS) on Windows XP / .NET 1.1

Retoro

8/20/2003 2:26:00 AM

Hi all,

I'm running the following program (see below), which tests connection to the
Microsoft FTP Site (207.46.133.140:21)

On several of our client's Windows XP machines, it generates WSAENOBUFS
error:
"An operation on a socket could not be performed because the system lacked
sufficient buffer space or because a queue was full."

While this code throws exception, Internet Explorer and FTP utility connect
fine. Is it possible to make this work in the framework? We cannot rewrite
our application now for Win32.

------------------- Module1.vb
Imports System.Net
Imports System.Net.Sockets
Public Class mySocket
Public Overloads Shared Sub Main()
Try
Dim s As Socket = New Socket(AddressFamily.InterNetwork, SocketType.Stream,
ProtocolType.IP)
s.Connect(New IPEndPoint(IPAddress.Parse("207.46.133.140"), 21))
s.Close()
MsgBox("OK")
Catch ex As Exception
MsgBox(ex.ToString)