microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.db

karihuntphotography.com/discount.html rxmu

Katadedajab

12/28/2013 7:43:00 PM

2 Answers

Purushotam

Hey.. I too had same problem...
but have found solution... on my blog :

http://purusworld.blogspot.com/search/label/SQL%20SERVER%20-%20Fix%20%3A%20Error%20%3A%2040%20-%20could%20not%20open%20a%20connection%20to%20SQ...

"Vene" wrote:

> I understand your frustration, I have the same problem and I did what you did
> and the problem still there
> ......A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an
> error occurred during the pre-login handshake. When connecting to SQL Server
> 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings
> SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: TCP Provider, error:
> 0 - An invalid argument was supplied.)
>
> PLEASE WE NEED HELP ASAP......
>
> vene
>
> "shivaranjaniadimulam21@gmail.com" wrote:
>
> > hi all,
> > I trying to connect remote sql server from my machine. but
> > it giving me some errors
> >
> > Here are few errors listed,
> > ???An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.
> > When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the
> > fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote
> > connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider,error:40-Could not open
> > connection to SQL Server))
> >
> > ???An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.
> > When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the
> > fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote
> > connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error
> > Locating Server/Instance Specified) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: -1)
> >
> > ???A connection was successfully established with the server, but then
> > an error occurred during the pre-login handshake. When connecting to
> > SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the
> > default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.
> > (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 0 - No process is on the other
> > end of the pipe.) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 233)
> >
> > ???A connection was successfully established with the server, but then
> > an error occurred during the login process.(provider: Named Pipes
> > Provider, error: 0 - No process is on the other end of the pipe.)
> >
> > To solve this problem I did following changes in SQL server
> >
> > ???Enable the TCP/IP protocol using the Surface Area Configuration
> > Utility
> > ???Make sure the TCP/IP protocol is enabled in the SQL Server
> > Configuration Utility
> > ???start SQL Server browser
> > ???Exceptions are added in Firewall
> > ???Restart the computer
> >
> > But still I am getting same errors.
> > Please give me some solution for this problem....
> > Thanks in advance.

Jassi Akkal

Your link is not working