microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.db

isawaprotest.com/fashionablemk.html wcrz

Katadedajab

12/28/2013 6:53:00 PM

2 Answers

coolCoder

On Dec 4, 8:59 pm, "Jonathan Wood" <jw...@softcircuits.com> wrote:
> coolCoder,
>

> > On Dec 4, 7:58 am, "Jonathan Wood" <jw...@softcircuits.com> wrote:
> >> I'm using ASP.NET membership but need to store some additional data
> >> associated with users in my own database tables. (Profiles don't look
> >> like a
> >> good fit for me.)
>
> >> I'd really like to use transactions to ensure all tables get updates
> >> correctly.
>
> >> I don't suppose there is any way to have a transaction include creating
> >> the
> >> user through membership (probably using Membership.CreateUser and
> >> Roles.AddUserToRole) is there? That is, I don't suppose there is any way
> >> have a rollback also rollback tasks performed by ASP.NET membership.
>
> >> Thanks for any comments.
>
> >> --
> >> Jonathan Wood
> >> SoftCircuits Programminghttp://www.softci...
>
> > You can always extend the Membership provider by extending the
> > existing one. This will solve all your problems, since then you can
> > add your own logic for transactions and whatever you want. Just search
> > google for some good samples.
>
> Thanks, but can you elaborate at all? I indicated Profiles don't look like a
> good fit for me. In what way would I extend the membership provided?
>
> --
> Jonathan Wood
> SoftCircuits Programminghttp://www.softci...

Here are two links, which explains the process in details.

http://www.15seconds.com/issue/...
http://www.devx.com/asp/Art...

After you read those articles, or search for more on the web, you will
understand that all the features you always wanted can be incorporated
in the Membership Provider you will write.
You can add Transaction support in your method implementations. But
please make sure that while you do that, you don't change signatures
of methods. If you do so, Login or other controls may
not work properly.
Talking about extra data in your own tables, you can do that in your
implementation of the membership provider.
Hope I am clear now.

Jonathan Wood

Okay, so you're just talking about implementing a custom my own provider.
I'm familiar with that but am not certain that's what I want to do.

I'll read those articles.

Thanks.

--
Jonathan Wood